Looking for a Terrell Hills Roofing Contractor?
To be a Terrell Hills Roofing Contractor, one needs to know how to work in Terrell Hills. As you know, when doing any construction or roofing work, you need a permit. Doesn’t matter if it’s a small roof repair or full replacement. City Hall is located at 5100 N. New Braunfels Ave, Terrell Hills, TX 78209. One can apply for a permit in person and online. Construction and renovations are charged by the sq ft., roofing work is a $100 permit fee.
Terrell Hills Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
Need a Roof Repair in Terrell Hills?
Rox Roofing specializes in roof repairs and replacements. They work on asphalt shingles, concrete tile, clay tile, metal roofs and flat roofs. Most roof repairs cost between $200 – $400 or more, this cost does not including permit fees. Neglecting maintenance, lack of inspection and not clearing tree limbs could be a contributing factor. Don’t be one of those people, give your property some love!
Your roof is the first line of defense against the elements. After heavy rains, high winds and hail storms, water will slowly make its way in. In many cases, it takes years to discover the damage.
Take Carol’s home for example. Carol neglected to check or maintenance the roof. Due to a hail storm, she was forced to replace it. Because she neglected to attend to the roof, when it came time to replace it, unforeseen cost came up. Don’t do that.
If you own an older home with an aged roof, it’s highly recommended to get a roof inspection and catch any problems before they get worse, damage your interior and rot wood out.