You’ve Found Your Helotes Roofing Contractor.
You’ve found your Helotes, TX Roofing Contractor. There’s no doubt Helotes has seen its fair share of wind and hail storms. A great roofing contractor can be tough to find in the area. Rox Roofing made that process simple.
Rox Roofing is a preferred contractor, follows local city guidelines and manufacture recommended installation specifications. Serving San Antonio and surrounding areas, they are a great choice for handling your roofing project.
3 Things To Look For When Looking For An Helotes Roofing Contractor.
- Roofer should be local to the San Antonio area.
- Roof repairs should be part of their standard services.
- Check online to see what others are saying.
Hiring an out of town roofing contractor can bring headaches. Say you had your roof replaced and it leaked one year later, who’s going to repair your roof? Hiring local is your best shot. Additionally, great reviews and raving fans are great too. Check out their online reviews on the larger platforms like Google and the BBB.
Doing your due diligence is your duty as a homeowner, don’t get burnt by fly-by-knight and scrupulous contractors. Let us handle the roof while you do what you do.
Helotes Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
Helotes, TX in San Antonio
Located Northwest of San Antonio, Helotes is home to about 10,000 people. But that’s just the actual City of Helotes, there’s still the other area that people call Helotes, like up Highway 16 and generally speaking the “Northwest Side”. People just say they live “over by Helotes.” Helotes is a small town with a tight knit community. There’s tons to do in Helotes, from the marketplace, winerys, ziplining to Six Flags Fiesta Texas. And don’t forget, wild life, hiking and disc golfing.
Schedule Your No Cost Roof Estimate.
Looking for a roofer in Helotes? We’d be glad to service you. Fill out the form and we’ll be in touch within 24 hrs. You can also call us directly at 210-900-0977.