Your Grey Forest Roofing Contractor.
Rox Roofing is your Grey Forest Roofing Contractor. Roof repairs is our specialty. Repairs are no joke and finding a good roofer can be daunting. We’ve made process simple. Simply call, schedule, point and we fix. Here we’ll go over repairs, replacements and a few tips on hiring a roofer.
Roof Repairs in Grey Forest.
A roof repair is always the first choice when thinking about replacing. Saving money is our main priority. If we can repair vs. replace than we should do that, we can delay a large roof expense.
A special kind of person is needed to perform proper repairs and here at Rox Roofing, we have repair specialist. Our team attends yearly manufacture training classes and we perform onsite training with years of experienced techs.
Roof Replacement Should Be The Last Resort.
When replacing your roof, it should be the last resort. This is because roofing is one of the most expensive home improvement projects. The only times you should consider a replacement is when a hail or wind storm has damaged your roof. The only way to make sure damage is present is by doing a proper roof damage assessment.
If your buying or selling a home and the roof is 20 years or older, consider a roof replacement. This is because within 20 years most roofs sustain some sort of damage. Getting a roof inspection when buying or selling a home is a great idea as well. This is because you can knockout unnecessary surpricess upfront and get to the closing table faster.
Here’s 3 Tips To Finding A Roofing Contractor.
- Make sure they’re local to San Antonio and not from out of town. If anything happens down the line, you want a roofer that can warranty the work years later.
- They’ve been in business at least 5 years. It’s a known fact that most business don’t last 2 years and very few make it to 5. Five or more years means they’re in business for the long haul.
- Check reviews online. 1 or 2 not so great reviews is okay. What we’re looking for is a bunch of 4 and 5 star positive reviews.
Grey Forest Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
Looking For Something To Do in Grey Forest? Here’s a few things.
City of Grey Forest holds a population of about 600 people. Small town I would say. 🙂 list below is a recommendation of things nearby.
The Grey Forest Octagon House, known for the amazing views, this is the spot to visit for a great sunset.
- And lastly, you need to visit Old Bandera Rd. where you’ll find the Helotes Creek Winery, food, music, nightlife, BBQ joint and shops. ENJOY!!
Schedule Your Roof Quote in Grey Forest.
We’ve made the process simple and easy. You can fill out the form below or call us directly at 210-900-0977.