Your Balcone Heights Roofing Contractor For Repair & Replacements.
The City of Balcone Heights has seen its fair share of high winds and hail storms and Rox Roofing is your Balcone Heights Roofing Contractor for repairs and replacements.
When storms come in and damage roofs, what you should do is locate a trustworthy local roofing contractor. Here are two tip when hiring a roofer.
- Hire a roofing company that specializes in roof repairs, this is because if anything ever happens with your roof replacement, you want a roofing company that can repair the roof swiftly with no hesitation.
- Hiring local will keep headaches away. This is because a local company will be here for years to come.
What’s The Top Reason Why Roof Shingles Blow Off?
The top reason why roof shingles blow off is because of bad workmanship. When is comes to 3 tab shingles, there’s a specific nail pattern roofers need to follow. Shingles blow off 90% percent of the time because they were nailed high above the tar line. Image here shows exactly where they should be nailed and doing so will avoid many roofing issues.
Balcone Heights Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
What To Do In Balcone Heights.
The City of Balcone Heights is located inside the loop at 410 & I-10 at 3300 Hillcrest Drive Balcones Heights, TX 78201. It’s home to about 4,000 people.
- The Wonderland of Americas mall is home to Balcone Heights for all your shopping needs.
- Dave and Busters is nearby for a weekend bite and gaming fun for family activities.
- Fredericksburg Rd is full of shops and stores.
- Generally speaking San Antonio has many things to do, from Six Flags, Seaworld, to the downtown River Walk.
Schedule Your No Cost Balcone Heights Roof Estimate.
You can schedule by doing one of the following.
- Fill out the form. We’ll contact you within 24 hrs.
- Call us directly at 210-900-0977