Are you interested in having a new roof installed on your home in San Antonio? One of the most important parts of protecting your home is having a well-maintained and properly installed roof. It’s vital that your roof can protect you against the San Antonio climate. Installing a new roof can seem stressful, but with the right roofing company, the experience should be straightforward and hassle-free.
In this article, we’ll dive into roof replacement costs in San Antonio, common roofing materials, tips for knowing when to have your roof replaced, and information about Rox Roofing.
New Roof Costs in San Antonio
In San Antonio, the most common roofing material in Arlington is asphalt shingles due to its affordability and overall durability. The final cost of a roof replacement in San Antonio will vary depending on the size and slope of your home, various repairs that may be needed, and the roofing materials you choose. Generally, you can expect to pay between $4.00 to $6.00 per square foot to have a new asphalt shingle roof installed on your San Antonio home. On average, the cost of a new roof installment is around $12,000.
Common Asphalt Shingles for San Antonio Locals
Three-Tab Asphalt Shingles: Cost-Effective & Practical
- The most practical and cost-effective shingle material
- Have three tabs and uniform appearance
- May not last as long as other shingle types
- Will still effectively protect your home from the natural elements
Architectural Asphalt Shingles: Lasting & Aesthetic
- Are made to last longer than three-tab shingles
- Also known as dimensional shingles
- Have an aesthetic look to them
- Will withstand a variety of weather and are built to last
Premium Asphalt Shingles: Luxurious & Sturdy
- Also known as luxury shingles
- Made from high-quality materials
- Are weather resistant and built to last
- Tend to be more costly than other shingle materials
Impact Resistant Asphalt Shingles: Less Maintenance & High Durability
- Engineered with harsh weather in mind: hail, strong winds, tornados
- Have long-lasting resistance to the natural elements
- Typically have a higher cost than other shingle types
- Require less maintenance than other shingles
Time to Replace Your Roof in San Antonio?
Typically, in San Antonio, an asphalt shingle roof will last around 20 years. If your roofing is nearing that timeframe, it’s a good idea to have a roofing professional inspect your roof to make sure everything is effectively protecting your home against the climate.
The San Antonio area undergoes harsh weather that ranges from harsh winds, hail storms, hot summers, and the occasional heavy downpour during a thunderstorm. If your roof is getting old or you’ve recently noticed storm damage, broken or missing shingles, pest infestations, mold, or water stains and leaks, it might be time to have a new roof installed.
Next Steps for Your Roof: Rox Roofing
We know that having a new roof installed may seem overwhelming, but we are here to help. Rox Roofing is committed to providing San Antonio and the surrounding area with the best roofing experience at a fair price with integrity, professionalism, and honesty. Our goal is to become your go-to roofing company for roof replacements and repairs.
We provide a variety of services that include: Asphalt shingle roofing, metal roofing, concrete and clay time roofing, seamless gutters, siding installations, and more.
Call us today to learn more about our home improvement solutions or to get a free estimate!