There’s a line between a good shingle and a great shingle.
Its the nailing line on your shingles. The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail Technology. With SureNail Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail Technology Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration Series shingles.
- Breakthrough Design The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection+ A unique triple layer of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip The SureNail strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance The SureNail grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
Significant wind can cause shingles to blow off the roof deck. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and other interior damage. The quality and performance of the sealant on a shingle helps plays an important part in wind resistance performance. Owens Corning certifies our shingles to industry recognized wind resistance standards through independent third-party testing laboratories.
Algae growth may cause brown to black streaks on roofs but this discoloration does not impact the service life of the shingles. Algae species are transported through the air and growth occurs to varying degrees in all regions of the country; especially those subjected to warm, humid conditions. Algae should not be mistaken for fungus growth, soot, dirt, or moss. Almost all types of roofing systems are susceptible to algae discoloration.