Looking for a metal roofing contractor in San Antonio, Texas?
Rox Roofing & Exteriors out of San Antonio services metal roofs from repairs, new installs to replacements. We have the skilled tradesmen to handle small and large scale jobs.
New Construction Metal Roofing
This particular job in Fredericksburg, Texas (Stonewall) is a new construction metal roof project. When handling new construction jobs, there’s a few variables one has to look out for, especially if you plan on building yourself.
There needs to be coordination between roofing and other trades, like: painters, siding, stucco, window, solar or other trades that may interfere with the metal install and vice versa.
- If installing solar panels, make sure you get the proper anchors for panel seams and electrical panels.
- Have painters – paint first so they dont get paint on your new metal roof.
- Install metal roof Z-wall flashing before stucco or siding goes on, this will insure proper waterproofing.
- Ensure a clean wood deck for roofers to minimize debris being left under the metal roof.
Proper Metal Roof Underlayment
All metal roofs should call for an approved high temperature underlayment. This could be in synthetic or self-adhesive form.
- On this project, we used the Carlisle WIP 300HT self adhesive underlayment. This underlayment is primarily used on commercial applications and one of the best underlayments one can use under metal roofs.
- Standard shingle underlayments wont make the cut for metal roofs. Ever notice how the sun eats up blue tarps or plastics left out for weeks? The same concept happens to non-high-temperature underlayments, the heat deteriorates them at a faster rate under metal roofs. Every metal brand manufacturer has approved metal underlayments to be used. Make sure your contractor is using approved underlayments.
Standing Seam Metal Roof Gage
San Antonio Metal Roofing
If you’re looking for a metal roof contractor, we service San Antonio, Texas and surrounding areas. We service metal roof repairs, new installs and replacements.
- Wondering what a roof may cost?
- Learn more about metal roofing here.
For an estimate on your metal roofing project, fill out the form or call us directly: 210-900-0977