Your Olmos Park, TX Roofing Contractor.
Rox Roofing & Exteriors is your Olmos Park Roofing Contractor for all your repair, replacement and roof maintenance work. A local trustworthy roofer is hard find sometimes in Olmos Park and we made fiding one a little easier. Hail storms can be a pain in the side because they destroy roofs, windows and fences.
4 Tips For Hiring A Roofing Contractor.
- Make an online search and see what others are saying. Dozens of positive reviews is what your looking for.
- Ask for references or address of properties they’ve done locally. This could be a great indicator if their local or just intown because of a hail storm.
- Ask how many jobs the company has performed. A well known, trustworthy and reputable roofing contractor should have hundreds of jobs under their belt.
- Hire local. Can’t stress enough how important this is. Hiring roofers from out of state will more than likely leave you wondering what happen to them when problems arise. Hiring local with a store front office or location means they’re here (in San Antonio) for the long haul.
Olmos Park Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
Financing Roofs in Olmos Made Easy.
Who has thousands laying around for a roof replacement? This is why Rox Roofing offers payment plans for those who need it. The average homeowner has about $5,000 in savings for emergencies. The average roof in Olmos Park cost between $10,000 – $20,000 and this all depends on what type of roofing system you have. Tile and metal roofs cost about a third more than asphalt roofs. A $10,000 roof in payment would be between $150 – $250 a month with an interest rate ranging from 0%- 9.99% for 60- 120 months. Get prequalified by clicking here.
Things To Do While in Olmos Park, TX.
The City of Olmos Park is home to about 3,000 residents. It’s a wealthy area in san Antonio and is a high scale community. Here’s a few local activities to do when visiting.
- Japanese Tea Garden
- San Antonio River-Walk
- Brackenridge Park
- Pearl Historic District
- San Antonio Botanical Garden
Schedule Your Olmos Roofing Quote Today.
We made the process simple to schedule Rox Roofing for your roofing project.
- You can fill out the form here and we’ll contact you within 24 hrs.
- Call us directly at 210-900-0977