Looking for a Boerne Roofer?
You’ve come to the right place for a Boerne Roofer. When storms hit and roofs get old, a trusted roofer is needed. Our main goal is to guide you through the roofing process while giving you service so you can feel good about your decision. Whether it be a small repair or replacement, we give both projects the attention it deserves.
Boerne Roof Repair Company
The main cause of needing a roof repair is due to weather and old age. When bad storm roll through they come with hail and high winds. If hail damages the roof, there is no “repairing”, you need a complete roof replacement.
Most of the time high winds come through and blow a few shingles off. In this case, a roof repair is warranted. If your roof is over 15 years old, it may be time to consider a replacement.
The most common type of roof repairs are on composite asphalt roofs, 3 tabs and architectural. Most, if not all 3 tab shingles have a wind rating of about 60 mph and decrease as they age. Their life span is about 20 years. Architectural laminate shingles have a wind rating of about 110 mph and are expected to live about 30 -40 years. Life expectancy depends on manufacture and storm events.
Boerne Roof Hail Damage
San Antonio and surrounding areas get hit by hail about once a year. It’s normally isolated into a 2-5 mile radius. From time to time we get hit with a large severe storm that rocks the entire city.
Here’s what to do if you think your roof has been damaged by hail and what to expect.
- Contact a roofer – that you know, like and trust, NOT your insurance company. This roofer should put together an analysis report with pictures to show proof of the damages. Don’t shop roofers around. Find one you like and stick to them. A well trusted roofer will probably have a service agreement stating if the roof gets approved to replace by insurance, they are guaranteed to do the work. This is normal and they deserve it.
- Call your insurance carrier and file a claim. Your roofer should be knowledgeable on how to file a claim and walk you through the process. Have a pen handy as they will ask a few question. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- Schedule your roofer to be onsite with your insurance adjuster. The roofer is on site to represent the hail damage on the roof and collateral damage. The roofer and adjuster should work together to come up with a scope of work to make necessary repairs to bring everything back to normal before the storm hit.
- Roofing estimate. Your insurance company will come up with what they think the repair work will cost. These estimates are typically lower by 20% – 30% or more. Your roofing contractor knows exactly what it’s going to take to get the job done. The roofer and the adjuster normally meet somewhere in the middle.
- Retail vs. insurance cost. Retail is considered a “cash price” or “paying out of pocket.” This retail price is lower than insurance because, it’s a faster process. We roof and we get paid. There’s no insurance runaround. Dealing with insurance is usually a 1-3 month run around depending on the carrier. Money is held up and take weeks if not months to get paid. The biggest issue with insurance is mortgage companies and agreeing on scope of work. Remember, insurance companies are for profit, the less they pay out, the better the bottom line looks…
- Start work. Roofer will schedule material delivery and work to begin, these are usually two different days. Make sure to get everything in writing as to the scope of work. Make sure to know the difference between 3-tab shingles vs. architectural shingles and a hail proof shingle. This is your opportunity to make changes, get an upgrade and make an informed decision.
- Payment. For retail cash jobs it pretty simple. Once work it complete, do your walk around, approve work and pay the roofer. For insurance, do your walk around, approve work and your roofer will send a certificate of completion to the carrier with an invoice. The carrier will review and send off payment within 1-3 weeks. When you receive your insurance proceeds, pay your awesome roofer!
This essentially wraps up the insurance process.
Boerne Metal Roofing
Metal roofing is a skill not many have and something that should be left to an experienced person. Metal roof repairs are tricky to find and can cost leg if not handled right. With metal roofs, many times pipe jacks and sealers expire and need some maintenance. Other times, it’s a waterproofing and installation error. An experience hands on metal roofer is needed to locate and fix metal roof leaks. Not having the right person will cost you dearly.
That being said, when looking to install a metal roof, hire a company that also specializes in roof repairs.
Boerne Roofing Contractor
Rox Roofing is a San Antonio based roofing company. We specializing in roof repairs and replacement on residential, multifamily, and commercial buildings. Our main goal is to guide you through the roofing process.
Schedule your next roofing project. Fill out the form and we’ll contact you as as soon as possible.